The catchphrase “There’s an app for that” continues to ring true as more and more businesses, large and small, go mobile. A mobile app is a software application made for handheld devices, namely smartphones. As mobile device usage continues to grow, apps allow for companies to connect to their customers more directly than ever before. They bring a slew of capabilities into a business’ toolbox that websites alone don’t offer. Let’s dive into one of these most important features: Push Notifications.
First, what is a push notification? Through a mobile app, a push notification will alert a user to events, news, or product offerings. Even when an app is closed, these messages will appear to a device’s user. In short, push notifications bring your customers the most up-to-date information when they’re on the go.
Push Notification Benefits
- Opt-in/Opt-out feature: Users control push notifications. When used right, apps and their notifications keep customers connected – not annoyed. In a device’s mobile settings, users can customize how and what they want to see from your app.
- Increase Traffic: Push notifications help retain users. Not only do they help increase interaction on the topic of the message, but they can help increase the returns you see from your app. Notifications can also be geographically-based to alert users to discounts or specials when they’re in a particular location.
- Get Insight on Customer Behavior: Apps help you learn about what appeals to your customers. Push notifications have an analytic tracking system for messages, interaction times, devices, platforms and for situations which created the most engagement.
- Foster Engagement: Your organization’s app is a direct line of communication to its customers. People avoid apps that simply take up space on their phones. But when an app has push notifications… each *ping!* and message that follows instantly informs a customer to what’s new and can drive them toward action.
- Easy to use: And easy to manage. Push notifications are targeted, friendly and relevant to the user. This makes them an effective marketing tool for any occasion.
Push notifications are great! But they are just one of the many features a mobile app provides. Apps are valuable assets for a variety of businesses such as restaurants, hotels, non-profits, banks and other professional services. Even conferences and special events have started to tap into apps as a communications solution.
And the best news? Mobile app development for your business or organization is more affordable than you may think. Businesses can get started for $2,500. Would you like to learn more about mobile apps? Contact us!